Bent chlorination plates

Oct 14, 2011
Hi everyone, hoping you can help me with my chlorination cell. I bought a new cell in may this year and already all the plates are warped/bent. They are still parrallel but they are all curved - like suspension leaves. Is this a problem and what would be causing this?

Thankyou,
chris

Off the top of my head I cannot tell you as I have recently rented out the house. I believe it is an Aquaclear (plates not mesh). I have a pool company maintaining the pool every 2 weeks and they are the ones suggesting it needs replacing as it is bent. However given some of their other suggestions I am not willing to trust them 100% and I want to know the mechanism's under which this could have occurred. I believe there was some air being entrained in the system however this only resulted in very light bubbles running through the chlorination cell housing.

Scale will definitely force them apart (don't ask me how I know, I'll lie). However if that happens, the plates are not parallel anymore. If the pool company is the only ones that remove the device, I would have to wonder if they bounced it on the patio to loosen the scale. I have air in my system from time to time due to a solar heater and that has never caused a problem, the flow sensor shuts it off while the air is in there.

I'd just forget it until it actually became a problem.

Thanks for the reply guys! I was thinking either scale build up pushed the plates apart or the poolshop damaged the plates by dropping them.

Unfortunately being on the other side of the world and in a different time zone it is hard to get straight answers.

Will keep you updated if I learn more

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.