Help me save my disaster!!

Feb 25, 2008
I need new filter to replace the old and blown out DE filter I currently have. It is tired and blows back DE into the pool. The IG pool is currently a pond, full of algae and mud :cry: , due to the heavy rains and poor yard drainage. I want to replace the old DE filter with a cartridge filter but need to know what size. The pool is sort of a circle and has a waterfall spa feature. By my estimate the pool and spa volume is about 8353 gallons (18 ft x12 ft, so I used (pi r2) for area with a radius of 9ft, average depth of 4.0 ft =7610 gallons ) . The Spa is about 6.5 ft in diameter and 3 ft deep so (3.14 x 3.25 x 3.25 x 3 x 7.48 = 744 gallons. The pump is a 2 year old pentair wfe-4 11 hp single speed with a max gpm of 120. I am looking at the Hayward Star Clear C900 90 sf with 2 in plumbing. Will this combo work out ok ? And is the 90 sf cartrige filter bigg enough for my pool set up?

Attachments

• pool001a.jpg
    pool001a.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 121
Go as large as you can afford. Really though, the square feet of surface area should not be less than the gpm flow rate... that is, if your pump is 120 gpm, you should have a minimum of 120 sq ft filter. But as I suggested, go as large as you can afford. You'll get better filtration and longer run times between cleaning.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.