Intex 2650 filter adapters?

Aug 7, 2011
Lafayette, La
Ok, thought I had figured it out now here comes another situation. Thought I would be saving some money by using the brand new Sand filter I bought for my current intex pool on the new Sharkline Venture I will be buying now I read that the sand filter does not have standard connections to attach the InTex hoses to the Skimmer and return of the new pool, they are metric and InTex does not sell an adapter from their hose to standard PVC. I have read the mods some people have done going with hard plumb but I was just going to use the InTex hoses for now with their valves, has anyone connected their InTex sandfilter with the hoses to a non-intex pool? And if so how tks

I have standard 1.5 inch hose running throughout my skimmer, pump, solar, and SWCG. My solution to connect the intex fittings was to cut the ends of the intex hoses off. You have the grey nut and smooth piece of white plastic at ends of the hose that seals the intex fittings. Cut the hose at the first ribbed part with a hacksaw. You want to keep as much of the smooth plastic as possible. Then screw the nut with the white piece of plastic back onto the intex pump or SWCG. You can then slip standard 1.5 inch hose over this fitting and tighten it with a hose clamp.

Look in the intex thread. There is info there about making these connections. Some have found part at lowes or HD in the electrical section that help with these connections as well. There are nice pics in the thread. If you don't want to salvage an intex hose the pump should have came with several extra of the grey nuts. Some have screws in them so you can take them off of the adapters. You can take these nut with this piece from lowes and connect hose to that as well. I think that is what I did for my pump but when I tried it for the SWCG it leaked. That was when I got the idea to cut the end of the intex hose off and use that.

Hope what I explained makes sense. Best of luck.

It sure does, that sounds like it will work for what I am trying to accomplish, I may later try to hard plumb but just want to get it setup easily at first because right after I get the pool setup I will have to build a deck. Tks alot

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.