2 leaks. Filter and pump

tltmom

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Aug 5, 2011
Urbana, IL
Yet another issue with my pool. This time my question is about 2 leaks i found by my equipment. I noticed about 1 month ago that there is a very slow drip coming from the bottom ?drain plug? Of my pentair tagelus sand filter. About 1 drip every few seconds. I noticed the other drip this am. It was another slow drip coming from the top outflow from my pentair whisperflow pump, from around a black rubbery ?ring between the pump and the pvc piping leading to the filter. The equip was new last fall. I would appreciate repAir advice/ advice as to how urgent this is. Please keep in mind Im extremely unhandy and was planning on having the pool builder fix it in a few weeks when he closes the pool unless you think its too urgent to wait. Thank you in advance for your help. I think im due some frequent flyer miles at this point!

Thank you for the speedy advice. I can tighten the plug on the filter asap. I was going to leave the pump outflow repair to my pool builder when he comes to close my pool in November or is that too long to wait? The oring at the top of the pump looks deteriorated to me so yes the poolbuilder must be a ninny.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.