Aqua Logic Panel buttons do nothing

Oct 11, 2011
I have had an Aqua Logic Panel for my pool for about 4 years now. The Panel recently has had odd issues.

I discovered this issue when I looked outside and noticed that the spa was empty while the pool was on. I went outside to check out the problem and noticed that one of my acuators was in the wrong position. Basically they always face the same direction as each other (when one turns the other turns). So I turned one of them to fill the water back up in the spa.

This is when I noticed the real problem of the system. I tried putting the system in service mode and nothing happens. Basically everything is on at all times. If I cut power off to the system and then turn it back on. Everything immediately turns on. including pump, filter, boost pump, spa light, pool light. All these things are coming on even without them being selected as on, on the bored. Also when trying to switch from pool only to spa only nothing happens. The text on the screen says filter off while valves turn but nothing actually turns and nothing actually turns off.

Does anyone know what the problem may be?

Thanks for the help.

Thanks for the reply. After the power being cut off to the panel for 12 hours I went outside to look around again. Now the problem is that nothing comes on no matter what buttons are pressed. The remote or the the buttons on the panel itself do nothing. I am feeling something is wrong with the main board but am still curious on what the problem could be.

sorry for the double post but I have seem to pinpointed the problem one of the chips has melted. I wish there was a schematic so I could see what kind of chip it is. I would just replace it myself. I am pretty sure it is a MIC 5841YN 0838. I assume this because the chip right next to it looks exactly the same and I can read the last 2 digits of all three lines of the chip and they are the same.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.