New heat pump DIY advice?

1) Don't plumb it backwards!
2) Make sure you leave enough space around the evaporator to draw air. Most manufacturers recommend 2' of space.
3) Leave at least 3' in front of the heater for servicing the unit.
4) Make sure that if there are any overhangs or eaves overhead, you have at least 5' of clearance.
5) Make sure there is a quick disconnect box close to the heat pump location.
6) Make sure your electrician uses the correct amperage, breaker, and wire gauge.

Good luck with it.

My pool builder has told me we can't treat the heat pump like an a/c compressor and put it against a house wall -- pentair isn't kidding when they state a minimum of 2ft clearance on _all_ sides of the unit is required. This means we're treating it different than all our other pool equipment. That's been a major pain. Just something to keep in mind.

Thanks guys!

I have a choice of a long electrical run to the pool equipment including the new heat pump (new 50 amp service) or I can put the new heat pump near the house with my other compressors which would make a short electrical run but a 30 foot plumbing run. I believe my curreent pump is more than adequate.

It would be a cheaper electrical job and an easier heat pump location if I do the long pipe run instead of putting the heat pump right by the filter and pool pump.

Thoughts?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.