Polaris 360 UWF Stuck

Oct 10, 2011
I am replacing my old Polaris 360 with a new Polaris 360 and i found that the UWF that was in with the old unit will not fit the new one. While i was trying to remove the old UWF from the wall it became brittle and fell apart but now the threaded part is stuck in the wall and I am having a hard time removing it.

Anyone with any suggestions on how to remove the rest of the threaded part so that I can install the new UWF ?

Thanks!

Polaris sells a black plastic tool that goes around the exterior of the adapter and allows you to unscrew it. Mine was on too tight last year and this was the approach I took. I found it on eBay. You can google "Polaris Letro UWF Removal Tool"

Sometimes the plastic pins inside the fitting will break.off rendering the uwf tool useless.If that happens you can use medium channel lock pliers and grab the edge of the fitting diametrically across and firmly dig the teeth into the plastic before turning out. If that is not possible try and grab it on the rim and into the pipe to get grip. In extreme cases you can knock a flat screwdriver into the lip or inside wall and hit it with a mullet in the direction of thread unscrew. In all instances be careful to not damage the surrounding pool finish

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.