Pump/filter question

Oct 10, 2011
Hi guys, I'm new here and in the pool world :)

We just built a 31,000 gallon pool and have troubles finding the right filtering equipment. Basically there are no pool suppliers in my country so everything I read is online and different from different sites. I would really appreciate someone's experience on specific pumps/filtering equipment so that I can order online.

What are the other supplies I have to get - chemicals, nets..?

Help me please :)

Cheers

It would help if we knew more about your pool and where you are.

What is your pool made of, what shape, what size pipes you had installed, and extra features such as a spa, lightings, etc... all give insight to helping us to help you determine your needs.

I strongly urge, if you haven't already, that you read the pool school section.

Scott

PoolGuyNJ said:
What is your pool made of, what shape, what size pipes you had installed, and extra features such as a spa, lightings, etc... all give insight to helping us to help you determine your needs.

I'll have to read up on this site. I'm mainly looking for information (basic) and places to purchase discount filters and such. I can't even come up with specific questions at this time tbh.

The most basic and important about pump and filter which you willl read somewhere too is to get the biggest filter and smallest pump that work for your pool. This will save you $ in your utility bills, equipment repairs and maintenant time.

I've been maintaining my pool for the past 10 yrs and I just only learned so much in the past 2 months about filters and pumps. Thanks to sites like this.

BigChuck said:
PoolGuyNJ said:

I'll have to read up on this site. I'm mainly looking for information (basic) and places to purchase discount filters and such. I can't even come up with specific questions at this time tbh.

I've been buying lot of stuff online and if you are in So Cal, A1poolparts or Magnoliapool are best in prices for new equipments. For replacement parts, Poolpartsonline in Florida is excellent in price and service, yes the service is awsome.

domenica said:
Help me please :)
I've got a 36,000 gallon inground gunite pool, 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns with a 1 HP Hayward Superpump and a Hayward S244T filter. I'm happy with this combination. Might work for you, too.

Where to get stuff? Shop around - Google is your friend!

Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.