Intermatic I-Pure?

eelhc

May 30, 2007
I'm looking to install a SWG for my 26KG IG this year with gas prices what they.. scheleping jugs of bleach have some real hidden cost (seems at least 1/month I'm going to the store just to buy bleach). I had been looking at an Autopilot or a Aquarite when I ran into this:

http://www.intermatic.com/Default.asp?a ... 06&sid=294

Intermatic? I'm generally happy with their products (most notably the pool timer) but they're not really known for SWGs. Seems like everyone's getting into the SWG business these days. I was going to dismiss it until I checked prices. It seems the Intermatic 40KG, 240V model is several hundred less expensive than a Aquarite or an Autopilot. Hmmm...

Anyone have one of these? Seems ideal for me since I don't need a lot of fancy features.

It looks very much like a rebranded Resilience SWG, particularly the design of the salt cell which looks identical and comes in the same 2 sizes as the Resiliece ones. . The control box is similar but not exact, However, the controls and readouts are identical, just not in the same places. IF it is, then it's a good basic unit with no frills. (However, the frills on the more expensive units do come in handy!)

Well, if it's private labeled then Intermatic would be responsible for the warranty and not Resilience. Seems in line with their other warranties, doesn't it? ;)
Speaking of warranties, what's the deal with Team Horner and the shorter ones now on Aquacal and Autopilot? Trying to generate revenue for the service techs? Glad I got my Aquacal when it had the 10 year warranty! Not meaning to say anything negative but I call them as I see them.

The reason for that is probably because electrodes won't last 7 years.
I noticed that they promote this chlorinator as being able to chlorinate 40000 gallons of water, well in order to do that (in fairly warm climate) it would need to run 24/7. I'm yet to see a cell which would last 7 years of continuous operation in self cleaning mode.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.