Ortega P60305

amati5

Sep 13, 2011
So Cal
Hi,
I suspect my small suction leak coming from this pool/spa diverter valve. I am not sure if P60305 is the part number because I can't find it online but it's imprinted on the cover. Anyway, Just wanted to check on the parts inside, I removed the 4 screws and lift the cover up and water just spill out and doesn't seem to stop (I let all water out of the line by openning the strainer lid). I didn't want to go further to mess up anything because this valve and another exact one next to it (to divert the return water to pool/spa) are in a hole in the ground next to the spa. Replacing it doesn't seem possible without major work. So my question is why is there water in there, is it below water line? If I just let water flow out, will it stop at some point? and what if dirt get inside?

Thanks

If the valve is below the pool/spa water line, water will continue to come out until the pool/spa drains down to the level of the valve or you close/plug all of the pipes that feed the valve. From your description it seems extremely likely that the valve is below the spa water level, and possible that it is also below the pool water level.

Getting a little dirt in the valve is not a problem. Getting a lot of dirt in it could be a problem. Most of the dirt will wash out the next time the pump is running, but any solid chunks/stones could potentially block a spa jet or cause other problems.

Yes, my spa and pool is at the same level so I guess I can't lower just the spa water which is easy. I hate to drain water just for this, water cost as gold in where I live, lol...

Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.