Old Dog Learns New Tricks . . .

Oct 7, 2011
Dallas, Texas
Hello to All from Big D
Long time pool owner (25 years) here, who for the most part has been doing it all wrong (with some success).
Anyway, the pool has been cloudy most of the summer, left town for a few days only to return to a green mess.
Sat down at the computer and quickly found TFP, read much of the great advice (and lots of stuff I didn't know).
Ordered a TF-100 test kit, bought a lot of bleach and about a week later, the pool is sparkling clear.
It's not too late to learn something new, thanks to all!

Welcome to TFP. Glad to hear the conversion to BBB was so easy. As you have learned clean and clear water is easily obtainable when you follow the word of the forum. The TF-100 is our bible. Listen to what it tells you to do and you will be in the promise land.

Stear clear of the pool store as they will steal your soul and wallet. I was in leslies a few days ago looking for a pump. Some poor soul walked out with a case of di-chlor ($120) to clear his cloudy pool. I over heard the conversation between him and the cleark, neither one knew his CYA level.
Keep reading and posting. Lots to learn here.

Just out of curiosity where abouts are you located?

sunshine56,

Welcome to the forum :lol: That is a great post and speaks volumes for your willingness to be flexible and accept a different way of doing things. You are a genuine BBB'r.

BBBliever said:
Welcome to TFP. Glad to hear the conversion to BBB was so easy. As you have learned clean and clear water is easily obtainable when you follow the word of the forum. The TF-100 is our bible. Listen to what it tells you to do and you will be in the promise land.

Stear clear of the pool store as they will steal your soul and wallet. I was in leslies a few days ago looking for a pump. Some poor soul walked out with a case of di-chlor ($120) to clear his cloudy pool. I over heard the conversation between him and the cleark, neither one knew his CYA level.

When you see this dont you just want to tell them what the real deal is? I know I do.

BBBliever said:

I'm in Dallas (rootin' for the Rangers!)