lights-halogen or LED? Are there battery-operated cheapies?

judom

Aug 5, 2011
We are about to get a fibreglass pool installed, 7m x 4.2m. He has suggested we get two lights installed, on either sides of the main steps leading down into the side of the pool.

The builder has told us we could get LED lights for $600 each that last 'forever', or halogens for $300 each that have around 5000 hours of life in them.

-- It seems like quite a lot of money to me, do these seem like fair prices? Could I do it myself somehow, and save some cash?

-- Are there any cheaper battery-operated clip-on models on the market? Or only these expensive wired-in models?

thanks!

Re: lights-halogen or LED? Are there battery-operated cheap

It takes a lot of light to illuminate a pool. Go with the LEDs. They need to be installed with the pool, not later. It would be so much more effort to retrofit, the money will seem trivial. I don't know that you'll need two though, since your pool isn't large. It might be worth it to see someone else with a similar sized pool to get a feel for what it will look like.

Re: lights-halogen or LED? Are there battery-operated cheap

Those prices are very reasonable for the light and installation together. If it is just for the light without installation, then it is a bit high.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.