Newbie from South Louisiana!!!

Sep 29, 2011
Hello,

Im from a small town right outside of Baton Rouge. Me and my wife are building a new house after the 1st of the year and we are installing a new gunite saltwater pool. Any suggestions on equipment, chemicals or etc..... would be great. I will be depending on this site alot over the next few months.
Thanks for any advice you may give.

Just to give you guys an update. We got our house plans back. I have a some appt's made with house builder's & pool builder's. I will post the estimates for the pool when I get them back so ya'll can give me ya'll opinions.

Update:

We are about a month away from finishing up with the house build. We are finished picking everything out for the house. Now we will start on the pool. We decided we would finish picking out stuff for the house before we started on the pool. Pool builder will try to start digging next week. We are going with a 16'x24' gunite pool. Russell pools in Baton Rouge will install it. Guys says he can be in and out in 3-4 weeks, which would put us right about the time we will be ready to close on the house.

Can't wait to have my 1st miller lite in my new home and new pool. So excited!!!!!

Interested to see how this turns out. I myself am currently in research mode until I am ready to build a pool myself. Being that I am not far from you over here in MS if your builder works out I may have to give them a call if nobody locally works out.