help troubleshooting intellichlor?

jr219

Oct 2, 2011
Hello,

Can someone point me to some troubleshooting steps on an intellichlor. Basically the breaker immediately pops when reset. There is a transformer and a PCB inside the housing and the PCB has obvious signs of damage (lightening strike I assume). Some of the caps are blown off and other burn marks on the board.

Obviously I need to replace that board, but don't want to drop $200 on a board only to have the new one blow up because something else is bad. Is the entire intellichlor system made of of PCB, transformer and the cell?

Any tips on how to troubleshoot? What voltage should be on the high side of the transformer? The cell looks fairly new and clean both inside and out.

The internal pentair display module also took a hit. Blown out ICs and everything. But everything works from the panel display, programming, service mode, etc. Hopefully can just replace that display.

Thanks!

-jr

On the bottom of your IC low voltage transformer you will see a fuse insertion point. I had a problem with the IC and replaced the fuse with a slightly larger fuse and it fixed the problem.

Hope that helps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.