Bubbles....leak or swg working

mvk111

May 26, 2011
Tampa, FLorida
Just had the SWG isntalled on Thursday, the pump is primed and has no bubbles in it , however at the returns I hear a slight gurgling/bubbling and see little bubbles coming out from return and little bubbles sort of stuck around the return eye. Is this the SWG as I have read, or can there be a suction leak somewhere even though the pump is primed full?

Thanks

SWG produce bubbles. Sometimes they are very small and difficult to see, other times they are more obvious. If there are bubbles when the SWG is active and no bubbles when the SWG is off, then everything is normal.

tryu cutting the pump off and feel for leaks around the pipes. I've found a few very small leaks like this. when the pump is on this very small leak sucked air and caused bubbles. also maybe its time to change your valves. these eventually wear and start sucking air. I've found 90% of the time this was the cause of the bubbles.

I had an air leak caused by a split o-ring on the drain plug at the bottom of the pump basket. Caused all kinds of gurgling on the returns until I found it and replaced the o-ring. There was no air accumulating at the top of the pump basket but when I looked closely I could see very tiny bubbles coming up from the bottom of the pump basket and getting sucked right into the pump. This led me to check the drain plug.

I agree with others here...see what is happening when the swg is off. If there is no change when it is off, check for leaks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.