Time to upgrade pool equipment, need help!

Jun 4, 2011
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
My Pool:
12K in ground Diamond Brite
Single drain in deep end, one skimmer, three returns
Solar heating system on roof of house / manual valves to open & Close.

My existing equipment:
Hayward SP2805X7 Pump
Hayward Max-Flo motor model #C48J2N131B3
Hayward C-800 Filter
Solar heater on roof of house
Pool Pilot Digital SWCG

My problem:
Wife accidentally opened the solar heater valve while another valve in the line was closed and pump running. This caused a blow out of the PVC connection just above the 90 coming out of the top of the pump. It also damaged the lip of the seal inside the pump basket and now it sucks a little air. I fixed the PVC connection and temporarily sealed the damage at the pump basket. It is working, but I know its time to start shopping.

I know I am going to have to replace the pump, but the pump motor is still working (however old). I don't have any fancy features, just a simple pool with a rooftop heater. I get confused with all the new pumps out there. I also would eventually like to add an automated system to the solar heater. Any suggestions on pumps, speeds, size, ect?

Thanks

Most of the parts are replaceable. Not sure what gasket/seal your talking about but it looks to be about $30 bucks. Unless you've damaged the actual pump housing it might be more cost effective to replace the seals that got damaged.

Here's a link for the parts:http://www.aqua-man.com/schematic.asp?kc=S844&s=full

I didn't look around to compare prices but they had a descent parts breakdown.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.