Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: TPG

1. Back To Top    #1

TPG

Hello all. Glad that I found this sight. I began researching pool information about 2 months ago when my wife and I decided to install a pool in our back yard. It was reccomended that I go to the PF sight, but then I came to the sad conclusion that something was not right there. What a shame with all that wonderful information that could be shared if only you could register. So, thank you Sean for creating this one.

Well about me. my name is Todd, I live in Winchester Virginia, Home of the Shenandoah Apple blossom. I am a disabled retired US Marine. I am fortunate to have married way over my head as I found a lovely bride who is smarter than I am. We have three wonderful (well mostly) kids, (1 daughter and 2 sons) My daughter is the oldest and will be driving (me nuts) by the end of the year! My sons are younger.

We bought our house last year and have been remodeling ever since. But now that spring is here and the late cold spell has ended, we are ready to finish the back yard with two patios and a pool.

My hobbies include what ever I feel like doing at that given time, but truthfully, I take care of the house since my wife went back to college full time in the fall. Our kids also eat up alot of time but are worth every minute. otherwise I love to do wood working, making cabinets and furniture. I have a full shop and spend as much time as I can get out there....I even put AC and Heat in the shop!

Well, i guess that will cover it. please be patient with me as I am a slow learner sometimes.....
    36k, 23'x47' freeform 3.5'-9'deep
    Gunite/white plaster
    Colorlogic LED lights.

2. Back To Top    #2

Welcome to the forum, and hopefully we can help you from start to finish. Good luck.
    steve

Above Ground / 18' Round / Vinyl Liner / Sand Filter / 100K Gas Heater / Salt Added / No Nature2

3. Back To Top    #3
    Hi, Todd
    You will learn lots here about how to build and maintain a beautiful pool, and even some interesting tidbits about enjoying your patios!
    Welcome to TFP!

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

4. Back To Top    #4

Hi Todd!
    Buggs

14,000 gallon, in ground, plaster, free form, play pool.
    Sta-Rite Max-E-Glass with a 1.5 hp Emerson motor
    WaterCo Micron High Rate sand filter S750 490 lb, 4883 sq ft - using ZeoBest
    In floor Polaris cleaning system
    Blue Diamond robot for those after storm days when I can't wait overnight for the in floor to clean it.

5. Back To Top    #5
    I love marines! They have the BEST uniforms!
    Debbie

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks TexesGirl!

Of Course I am biased, but I think the Uniforms are the best too.
    36k, 23'x47' freeform 3.5'-9'deep
    Gunite/white plaster
    Colorlogic LED lights.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Welcome aboard!
    21,200 gal IG gunite, CL 580 sqft Cartridge filter, aqua pure salt system, polaris 480-blue&white, Jandy PDA Remote, (4) Jandy Deck Jets

8. Back To Top    #8
    Welcome Todd. This is the place to be when it comes to proper pool care.
    Foxx 18 x 36 IG Vinyl
    TR60 Sand Filter, Pentair Whisperflow 1hp
    Blue Pearl robotic cleaner

Burlington, North Carolina