How to close brand new pool

mdcvjd

Sep 28, 2011
I`m just completing the installation of a new inground pool. I`m was hoping to only install the pump and filter next spring. Will filling the pool and not add any chemicals cause any problems ? The pipes will obviouly not contain any water ...

Thanks for your help ..!

Can you provide some details on the type of pool (vinyl, plaster, etc...), where you live, and what the source will be for the water you are using to fill the pool (well, municipal, etc...)?

For a vinyl pool, I think it would be OK to fill the pool and not add any chemicals. The only concerns would be if your fill water has low pH (unlikely, but worth measuring), or if your fill water has metals in it.

It's probably a good idea to test your fill water and post the results here. If you have a good test kit, I would measure your fill water for pH, TA, and CH. If you don't have a test kit, take a sample to a pool store. They could measure for metals (iron) as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.