Need Help

karlhh

Sep 27, 2011
I have a Pool Pilot Digital which is giving me problems red blinking light with 0 volts and 0.2 amps checked water chemestry, perfect. salt at 3800ppm replaced cell two months ago sc-36. So i suspect the main power board. took cover off and alum gard to see only one of the two fans working. can this be the problem? also checked fuses all good. no burnt wire ends.The unit is six years old is that all i should get out of it? .If I need to replace where can i go to get a new digital power supply cheap.Thanks

Welcome to TFP!

Two things come to mind. First, the test mode can sometimes report incorrect values if the unit was off or had turned on right before you took the test readings. If you put it in boost, and wait two minutes, and then get the test numbers you get more reliable results. Second, did you replace the cell cord when you replaced the cell? A bad cell cord, or bad connections on either end of the cell cord, could cause that problem.

I tested it in boost mode after 30min. and the cell cord was replaced with the cell a few months ago. I even check continuity from the black wire top left side of power board to center conector on cell plug and red wire.Is it possible that its working fine but not reading it?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.