Ph keeps rising

ds18425

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 23, 2011
Boerne, TX
I am using the BBB method now and I am constantly having to knock down the PH (daily). This is a new pool about 9 weeks old. Is it normal to have to lower the Ph everyday? I start at 7.4 and by the end of the day its 7.6 to 7.8, if I wait to test every other day its 7.8+. I am adding about 2 quarts a day of liquid bleach to maintain chlorine levels. The pool gets full sun and i have two kids and two labs that swim in it everyday,i know but there is no way to stop them (the dogs that is).
Thanks in advance!
FC 8
CC 0
ph 7.4
TA 80
CH 290
CYA 70
Temp 82

If this new pool is plaster, then the curing of that plaster will raise the pH significantly and require lots of acid to compensate. This will slow down over time. You are already over the worst which is in the weeks and few months right after plastering though you will notice this effect for up to a year. You will also notice the CH level rising as the plaster cures.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.