Compool and Hayward valve

Sep 23, 2011
I have a Compool activator and a Hayward PSV3S2 valve on the return side. One position is for the pool and the other is for the spa. The problem is it does not completely close on the Spa position. If I take off the Compool, I can make the final few degrees of rotation by hand and it does take more force than the majority of rotation. The result of having the actuator installed is the spa drains down while you are in it since the pool path remains open to a minor amount.

In fact, the spa draining down causes me to wonder about the intake side of the pump. Here is an identical valve and actuator. This valve may not be fully closing, either. Inspecting without a fix is a waste of time. All I can do is remove the actuators that I paid to automate the pool/spa selection.

I know all about adjusting the cams. In fact, when adjusted to force the closure then the thing won't return to pool position. It just takes more force than the thing can provide, I suppose. I thought it had broken after only a year of use.

Question is --- I have searched and find no information about adjusting, lubricating, or otherwise dealing with my problem. Does a board member have advice on the Hayward valve causing this problem?

Appreciate your input.

Welcome to TFP!

If you remove the actuator, you can open up the valve and have a look inside. They are fairly sturdy valves. Usually problems like this one are caused by debris accumulating inside the valve. With the valve opened up you can clean out any debris that might have accumulated and also check to make sure nothing is broken. If something is seriously wrong there are rebuild kits available.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.