Blue Diamond Pool Cleaner on Curved Walls

thadius65

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 30, 2011
Bloomsburg, PA
Reading great reviews on the Water Tech Blue Diamond, I am ready to order. A question I had was regarding free-form type pools (Mountain Pond) and how well this robot would do in one. Shown below, the walls from shallow end to deep end are smooth and curved, not traditional inverted trapazoids. Is that a problem for this type of robotic cleaner?

Scan_Pic0008.jpg

Thanks!

thadius65 said:
Is it worth the risk to order this from National Pool Wholesalers? $808 shipped is hard to beat.

wouldn't worry me, but I can't really order from them because they instate so sales tax usually makes it cheaper to order from somewhere else. 808 is rediculous price especially with 4 year warranty. you basically in for 200 dollars a year . confirm the warranty with them, one part of watertechcorp.com site says 4 years 400 cycles, another part says 4 years 500 cycles. either way, figure you use the thing twice per week and you still basically at 4 years. keep the powersupply in the house. I had 2 go out on me and I'm pretty sure it was from leaving it outside.

if you in a part of the country that doesn't keep the pool open year round, you can pretty much assume that the warranty will be good for 4 years as it will be hard to do that many cycles.

you might want to look at the remote unit as well, it has a much easier time cleaning because it doesn't have to pulse and bounce to change directions, it just turns the drive motors. while they are more complex and more prone to breakage, you have the 4 year warranty.

notice also when comparing that aquabot is 4 years/300 cycles, so you losing 100 or 200 cycles and thats a big deal.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.