Is anyone selling a used 8 gallon liquidator? Upgrades?

DaveAZ

Jul 8, 2011
I'm interested in buying an 8 gallon liquidator, but the price is a bit much.
As I read through this forum, I saw that a lot of people on here purchased them and have since given up on them.
If you'd like to sell me yours, click on "PM" on the bottom of this post and send me a message. Considering the amount of expected upgrading, I'd be tolerant of a missing part or two.

In reading the forum I have noticed many upgrades that people have done to the kit, and some tips:
3/8" line for flow increase http://www.troublefreepool.com/lq-3-8-line-conversion-how-to-increase-flow-t8337.html
Other tips: http://www.troublefreepool.com/tips-and-reminders-for-new-liquidator-users-t35932.html
People are replacing the control valve with $50.00 needle valves?
http://www.drillspot.com/products/562596/hayward_nv10025t_globe_body_needle_valve
The flow meter has fictional increments and it may lose it's ball, but no one has found a replacement for it?

Why doesn't this thing have a FAQ sticky with all the tribal knowledge yet?

I don't own a Liquidator but after reading all the threads trying to fix them maybe they aren't That great of a product? Other then the tank itself is there any part of the system that doesn't need upgraded.
Perhaps you could strait from scratch and build one.

I started out wanting a liquidator and am about to add a stenner pump instead.

Bama Rambler said:
Actually you don't really upgrade that much of the system. The only thing you really upgrade are the valves and the connections.

So the tank, tubing and the floats are great! LoL

It looks like a great idea with a satisfactory (weak) execution by a company that is too big to be interested enough in this product to improve it.

I shopped around and found all the individual components and would be able to build it from scratch with what appear to be the ideal parts for significantly less than the current retail price. I'm at work, but I could post details later if anyone is interested. I will most likely still use their product out of convenience.

Grainger has the float valves for 9.99 each. I'll post the link later. There is also an ebay seller in China, but Grainger is 4 miles from my house. Shipping vs. sales tax...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I concur that there is not a lot to the design. But it works well in it's simplicity. And I never found the need to upgrade to 3/8" myself. After removing the check valves (my LQ is above water level), I had a great flow and I never experienced the "white stuff". Guess I am just lucky.

I have purchased my used liquidator! Thanks, Neil!
It came already upgraded with barbed fittings for 1/2"OD (3/8"ID) tubing.

Quick advice to anyone shipping these: Use shrinkwrap, or just tape the lid on. The 8 gallon liquidator outer dimensions are (22.5 rounds up) 23" x 15" x15". Adding one more inch increases your shipping price to oversized freight prices if using UPS.

I'd like to reverse-engineer the tank float situation. I don't understand why it uses two different float valves- one type at the inlet and another at the outlet. It seems like TFP members have figured out how to upgrade every part of this thing except the floats, and they demand repairs or replacement too often.

Second year with the 8 gallon liquidator,no problems. I omitted the flow indicator using testing to get proper chlorine level. Took just a few days adjusting the needle valve (think it cost 25 bucks or so) to get the ppm I wanted and I havent touched it all season. Used 12.5% chlorine since it's less bottles to haul away and supply is just a 5 minute drive. No white deposits. Done the upgrade from the start,never used the tubing provided.
Used the check valves but my pump is above pool level so next season I'll omit them, Float valves,,needle valve and quick connects will be the only parts I use. I'm happy with it so far.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.