PoolLife Multipurpose 3" pucks?

woodyp

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 17, 2010
East Texas
"Our Super Tabs will chlorinate, clarify and prevent algae growth in your pool.
An easy to use, convenient system featuring new, patented multi purpose chlorine tablet technology with a built in clarifier and algaecide, plus a remarkable water enhancer for extra sparkle and the most powerful shock treatment available today. 3 Products, 3 Steps - it's that easy!
Triple Action Chlorine Skimmer Tabs are easy to use ... just place them into your pools skimmer basket or automatic chlorine tablet feeder.
The 3 in 1 chlorine tablet system comprises the proprietary and patented 3-in-1 POOLIFE Multipurpose Tablets which chlorinate, clarify and prevent algae, the quick dissolving POOLIFE TurboShock and since the primary chlorinator already contains an algaecide, we recommend adding POOLIFE Pool Plus, for added sparkle. 93.5% active ingrediant"

Above is the description for a new kind of tablet I just heard about.

Has anybody here got any experience or opinons using this supposedly "new" tablet? Doesn't sound like it has any CYA or calcium involved. Is this the magic bullet? Would love to know what the active ingredients actually are for the clarifier and algaecide. What are the over the summer effects of constantly adding these two other ingredients? I've been a dedicated bleach guy since pool inception 2 years ago,-------but I'm tempted. At the very least for vacation and away for long weekends useage.

You have been around a while, you should know better :-D

Just marketing speak for trichlor + copper + clarifier.

From the MSDS:
Trichloro-S-Triazinetrione 90% - 96%
Copper Sulfate Pentahydrate 1.4% - 1.55%
Aluminum Sulfate 4.5% - 4.9%

[center:3amdqn59]This works better

file.php
[/center:3amdqn59]

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.