Need help setting up new pump

Jun 13, 2010
Pensacola FL
I just installed a Pentair IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump 011018 and need a little help setting it up. The SWG cuts out below 1500 rpm. I was thinking about running it at 750 RPM all day with a increase of speed to 1500 for 3-4 hrs for the SWG. I figured out how to program the time for 1 speed but not multiple.

Also I get a bit of vibration below 1200 with the worst between 850 and 1100. at 450 rpm it sounds like the motor does a slow squeak

I am open to any other ideas how to set up the schedule too.

I had the old 1hp pump running 7 hrs with the SWG at 15 %

Thanks for the help

The Aquarites usually don't cut out on low RPM unless the flow is being restricted and/or bypassed around the SWG.

Do you have any check valves in your plumbing and if so what kind are they? (flapper type or axial spring)

What is your filter pressure at 1500 RPM and 2500 RPM?

You might also check the flow switch for the Aquarite. If they are not installed properly or they have a bad switch, it can cause the same symptoms.

If you are using the timer built into the pump it is easy to program several different speeds to run at various times of day. If you are using an external timer, things are much more complicated and it isn't always practical to run at different speeds at different times.

That vibration sounds like a significant problem. There shouldn't be anything beyond a slight hum, certainly not any obvious vibration.

I'm using the built in timer. I can see form the instructions how to set speed and a start and stop time. Do you use the egg timer to set various speeds throughout the day?

The vibration is below 1200 rpm, the pump looks flat on the pad and is stable. Do you think its the pump itself of the setup.

kirbdoc said:
I get a bit of vibration below 1200 with the worst between 850 and 1100.

I know this is an older post, but when searching for the issue I'm having with vibration I found this thread and I have the exact same occurence with the same pump. From about 1250 rpm and higher, the pump runs nice and smooth. Any less and the entire pump starts a steady vibration that resonates through all the plumbing.

Has anyone else saw this before and any ideas what would be causing it? Could it be the pump is having difficulty to adequately pump at the lower speed?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.