Need some advice from the pro's

Oct 8, 2009
Hello all,

My pool has a leak! I have been measuring the water loss over the last week and my pool is loosing about .60 inches per day. I cannot say it's from the sun, heat or splash out. We haven't had much of any of those! I still have the solar cover on hoping that we can squeeze one more pool day in before we close....my hopes are fading fast!

So my question is.....do I take care of this now? Or wait until the spring? My pool builder closes the pool and will guarantee that the plumbing will be leak free in the spring. I'm not sure if I should bring this to their attention now because we did have an earthquake in PA and I will guarantee that they will blame it on that.

I did kind of notice that I had to put water in the pool this summer, but we had a really hot July and have had lots of kids in the pool..I really attribute those conditions to the water loss....but then it could of been leaking all summer. I don't really know, I'm not a pro...just a mom!!!

Any advice on this will really help me to make the best choice on what to do. We don't close the pool until October 19th.

Thanks so much,

Mamasproject :(

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.