Just tested my water

FC 7.5
CC 0
TC 7.5
ALK 130
CH 120
PH 7.8
CYA 70

Stared using just bleach and no more pucks, will do partial drain and refill. Scrub floor and walls vacuum and put all toys/brushes in the pool for shock treatment to close. I believe the partial drain will lower my CYA. Any other suggestions?

Thinking of leaving pool open all year since deep freeze is not the norm in South Carolina. Thinking of running pump daily from 9 pm to 9 am only. I also plan to run the bot on the bottom when needed for leaves and just keep water moving. Any other advice, will treat water for closing. Thannks

your numbers look good. If it were me, if you are not having a problem with fc or algae i'd leave the CYA where it is untill you reopen. There is a possibility that you will loose some to dilution during the winter. IMHO

You might be able to cut down on the pump time and save yourself a few $$$. I am a little further north but I am only running my pump about 6-7hrs a day right now. On days when my FC stays high because of cloudy weather I may not turn it on at all....but that is rare!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.