Closing pool with loop loc cover

May 22, 2009
Hi all,
My first year that I'll be closing my IG pool on my own. Had local companies close it the first 2 years but now I'm going solo after learning tricks of the trade. One item I forgot to recall is how to put the loop loc cover back on. I feel like they mentioned starting from the sides first or the ends first, I forget! What is the proper procedure? Also, I remember the mesh cover has a darker side and a lighter side. Which side should be up?

Thanks!

I seem to recall the top side is a little darker and has a slightly shiny finish compared to the bottom. It's pretty clear which side is up when you start fooling with the cover. When I install mine, I unfold it so I can attach the hooks at one end of the pool and then I will attach the cover about half way up each side at one of the points and then the other end. Once I get it in place I attach the remaining straps. There really is not set way to do it as long as you are not having to fish your cover off the bottom of the pool.

I have a vinyl lined pool. Should I lower the water to loop loc recommended level of 15 to 18 inches below the top of the pool ? Been reading that it is bad for a vinyl liner.

It shouldnt bother the liner, I have a safety cover as well, the cover needs the support of the water over winter, lower the water and you could end up with torn cover or pulled out plug where they screw into your deck. I lower my water just past the skimmer then cover, if alot of snow an rain result over winter, the water just runs over the sides, or if mild out, I put a submersible pump in and drain.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.