fall painting project

mjt123

Jul 5, 2007
hello,

I was planning on painting my pool the next couple days. About four years ago we bought this house and refinished the pool at the same time. We used an epoxy pool paint (Insulux brand) and over the years there are a couple of spots that are coming off. So I was planning on a re-prepping and painting the whole pool again.

one question I had was can anybody recommend a sealant (to seal the wall joints) that will not be affected by the epoxy paint. I am hoping to find something locally like Home Depot, Menards or lowes.

The other question I had is are there any added risks I need to be aware of because of doing it in the fall versus spring.

Pool details: 16 x 32 fiberglass walls with a plaster bottom. I believe it was made by Hallmark. There is a hydrostatic relief valve that I also plan on replacing.

thanks for any advice or details.

PoolGuyNJ said:
I assume you mean along the bottom where the F/G meets the plaster. How bad is the seam there?

Scott

you are correct. I would say the seam looks to be in pretty good shape it's hard to tell because it was painted last time. The product I use last was made by Vulkem. I have been unable to find the same stuff and was hoping to find an alternative.

thanks for your help

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.