How do I find a leak

Reset

Apr 17, 2011
Our above ground pool has started losing water. It's now down past the pump lines so believe it's somewhere in the liner. However, it is now cold and jumping in would be shocking to say the least. Is there any way to find the leak without diving in? Also, since the season is over, is it worth trying to find and fix now and save the water that's left or should I let it run out? Thanks!

I had a similar situation last year. I had a tree limb fall through my cover and puncture the bottom of the pool. I knew where the gash was but it was too cold to fix it. So I waited until the water was at knee level, and got in with garbage bags around my legs. Patched it easy as pie, of course i knew where it was.

Unfortunately to get a pool we had to have the yard leveled with a lot of fill. There was a small tear a few years back and it percolated down very nicely without leaving a trail. found that one once the water was all out and crawled underneath the liner to find the sunshine poking through. Guess it's a bust until the water is all gone.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.