What's your water temp?

my water is 55, we have had a nice long string of 70 and 80 degree days latly and i think next week we will open the pool, im ready to look at nice blue water again insted of an ugly green cover that i keep haveing to go get a hook and get the stupid chairs that blow on it :lol: o yea and im bored and want somthing more to do.

Went in the pool for the first time this year

Well the water temp was 80 and my daughter and her husband couldn't help but get in the pool.javascript:emoticon(':-D')
Very Happy Air temp in Corpus yesterday was 83. Still a little cold for me but if we can avoid a north wind and keep the sun for a few more days it will reach my required water temp 84. We have a solar heater that is perfectly positioned on the south exposure of the house and get sun from 8:30 - 4:30. I run the pump the entire time, also use a clear 12 mil solar blanket that I keep down with scrap 2x4's and 2X6's when its windy. Probably lost a few degrees today it was only 68 out. Can't wait till summer really does come around.

well I would give my water temp but I would have to brake the ice to get it. Also I will have to dig out the hot tub from the snow this morning. It is about 10 degrease outside this morning. :roll:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I noticed that my pool water temp has been climbing from its low point of around 47F sometime in January and is now around 51F. Sometime in March, I'll get the solar hooked back up and start moving the temperature up faster and use gas assist to squeeze an extra month or two for the early part of the swim season. My wife hates using the indoor pool at the community center (it's over-chlorinated due to no CYA).

Richard

dawndenise said:
Up to 52 degrees today without cover. Even with 80 degrees forecasted for tomorrow, my water temp won't go too much higher until we stop dropping into the 30's every night. :cry:

i hate that, here its almost 80 somedays but it gets cold at night, although today we only got to 50 but still thats only 2 out of the 7 days in a week. :idea:

Ditto. With the solar panels turned on, I've climbed from 51 to 70 over a little more than a week, but I'm now at that point where I lose almost as much at night as I gain during the day. It might climb to 75, but to get higher we'll need warmer average temperatures, especially at night.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.