What's your water temp?

90deg here with solar heat and cover. It got too hot so I did not cover at night. We have been in the mid 80's for a high and 68 for a low. It is amazing how important it is to cover the pool. The three nights that I left the cover off, my temps went down to 80 deg.

Finally! I go the solar panel hooked up and in a day and a half of so-so sun the temp went from 70f to 78f :) I can't wait until we get some more sun and warm weather...but right now we have more rain:(

At least we got one day of swimming in :D

dan

The water was 86 yesterday. In MI that is really good. I have a few coworkers who pools have not even hit 70 yet. I have to agree with some of the previous posts. The solar cover at night makes all the difference. Before I got the cover I would gain 4-6 degrees during the day with the solar panels and loose almost all of it at night. Now were are faithful with the cover and were swimming without the added cost of a gas heater. I just wish I would have bought the solar cover at the beginning of the season so we could have been swimming a month ago.

Our pool has been 90-92 degrees! This is w/out a solar cover and half covered in shade most of the day until after 3 pm.. It FEELS so good!! Especially with those 100 degree temps we have been having the past few days and it isn't going to let up anytime soon! :shock:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
In southern MI, we just got into the pool for the first time yesterday. Pool temp was 78 in the morning, so we fired up the heater from 11am until 2pm. Water temp was 84. Today it was 85. Solar cover should keep us rather warm until the air temp drops a bit.

We've only had one good day of sun and the pool was a nice 86* so we went swimming. Unfortunately, we've had coudy days for the past 2 weeks so our 3 solar panels haven't really had a chance to work at their full capacity. They do keep the pool water at about 83*, and with only 6000 gal. to heat, they do it pretty quickly with decent sun.

I can't wait for a few Full Sun days so the pool gets into the 90's, then I'll be happy. :goodjob:

Adam

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.