Thread: What's your water temp?

1. Back To Top    #1

What's your water temp?

50 ........brrr

.....counting down to the first day of Spring, March 20th

Joyce
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

2. Back To Top    #2
    my water is 55, we have had a nice long string of 70 and 80 degree days latly and i think next week we will open the pool, im ready to look at nice blue water again insted of an ugly green cover that i keep haveing to go get a hook and get the stupid chairs that blow on it o yea and im bored and want somthing more to do.

3. Back To Top    #3

Went in the pool for the first time this year

Well the water temp was 80 and my daughter and her husband couldn't help but get in the pool.javascript:emoticon('')
    Very Happy Air temp in Corpus yesterday was 83. Still a little cold for me but if we can avoid a north wind and keep the sun for a few more days it will reach my required water temp 84. We have a solar heater that is perfectly positioned on the south exposure of the house and get sun from 8:30 - 4:30. I run the pump the entire time, also use a clear 12 mil solar blanket that I keep down with scrap 2x4's and 2X6's when its windy. Probably lost a few degrees today it was only 68 out. Can't wait till summer really does come around.
    16x32 fiberglass pool
    1.5 hp pump
    cartridge filter
    solar heater
    Dolphin Diagnostic

4. Back To Top    #4

well I would give my water temp but I would have to brake the ice to get it. Also I will have to dig out the hot tub from the snow this morning. It is about 10 degrease outside this morning.
    Ric W
    My Pool
    8605 gal fiberglass, 3/4 hp pump, sand filter, aquabot cleaner, heat siphon heat pump, tiger river(sumatran) spa

5. Back To Top    #5
    What water?

Oh, you mean what's the temperature of that humongous block of ice? Um, is this a trick question?
    — AnnaK —

12,000 gal AGP, Hayward sand filter, Pentair 2-speed pump, timer.
    Please visit our Pool Issues pages for information about step weights, managing the solar cover, and PoolSkim.

6. Back To Top    #6

I would guess my pool is about 32 deg.
    Hotrod30

20 X 40 foot vinyl Borates and Salt Pool
    Rolachem Chlorine Feeder
    Hayward 27 inch sand filter with 80 lbs of pea gravel
    Jacuzzi Splash Pak SP55 DE filter in parallel
    Pentair VF3050 pump

7. Back To Top    #7

52 taken yesterday.
    Gary
    21k gal SW, IG Gunite PebbleSheen, 1HP Jandy, Jandy 340 filter, Polaris 280, 17' fiberglass slide w/ 2HP pump.

8. Back To Top    #8

I don't know because I can't penetrate the ice with my thermometer.
    Wilbar 12 x 17 Buttress Free AG (~4400 Gal?)
    Hayward 225 sq ft cartridge filter
    1/2 HP Pentair Whisperflo
    Liquidator chlorine feeder
    Pool Rover Jr.
    BBB - it's the way to go

9. Back To Top    #9
    Reached 59.4* today. 25* more and I can go in.
    My pool is a 10,500 gallon (420 Sq Ft ) kidney shape. A hand made sheer decent waterfeature. STA-RITE HRPB30, Sand filter 30" 98 GPM,
    1 HP Maxi-Glas 2 pump, BBB Method, Taylor K-2005 test kit, 50 Watt 12V low-voltage pond light illuminates the pool at night for a nice soft glow.
    250 gallon stand-alone hot tub. Got it FREE!

10. Back To Top    #10

Just hit 84 degrees - 23 Feb

Here's the trick:

1. Move to Miami
    2. Purchase a house with 10 Fafco panels

I miss the mountains and the change of seasons, but it's really nice to be able to jump into the pool in Feb.
    18,000 gallon 17 x 35 in-ground diamond brite, Fafco solar, SWG, Barracuda G3, well pump - Biscayne Aquifer CH=250

11. Back To Top    #11

My cover is still white from the recent snow, so I would guess that it is COLD!
    36k, 23'x47' freeform 3.5'-9'deep
    Gunite/white plaster
    Colorlogic LED lights.

12. Back To Top    #12

I noticed that my pool water temp has been climbing from its low point of around 47F sometime in January and is now around 51F. Sometime in March, I'll get the solar hooked back up and start moving the temperature up faster and use gas assist to squeeze an extra month or two for the early part of the swim season. My wife hates using the indoor pool at the community center (it's over-chlorinated due to no CYA).

Richard
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

13. Back To Top    #13

I miss the mountains and the change of seasons
    and I miss Miami.
    Gary
    21k gal SW, IG Gunite PebbleSheen, 1HP Jandy, Jandy 340 filter, Polaris 280, 17' fiberglass slide w/ 2HP pump.

14. Back To Top    #14

Up to 52 degrees today without cover. Even with 80 degrees forecasted for tomorrow, my water temp won't go too much higher until we stop dropping into the 30's every night.
    Sandy

15,600 gallon, screened 15 x 30 sport pool with 6 x 8 baja shelf, IG plaster (Diamondbrite??), Hayward cartridge filter, 1-HP Hayward pump, Hayward/EUS Mark VI heat pump, Polaris 280, AquaRite SWCG

15. Back To Top    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by dawndenise
    Up to 52 degrees today without cover. Even with 80 degrees forecasted for tomorrow, my water temp won't go too much higher until we stop dropping into the 30's every night.
    i hate that, here its almost 80 somedays but it gets cold at night, although today we only got to 50 but still thats only 2 out of the 7 days in a week.

16. Back To Top    #16

Water temp at this moment is 85 degrees... Only because we fired up the heater yesterday though
    My Pool:
    12K gal IG gunite with 7' raised spa, gunite waterfall, PebbleTec Caribbean Blue finish, solar heating & in-floor cleaning system

Equipment: Sta-Rite 300' Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC20 SWCG, Sta-Rite 400k BTU heater, Intelliflow 4x160 main pump & Sta-Rite 3/4 hp waterfall pump, EasyTouch controlls w/ wireless controller, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

17. Back To Top    #17

east bay area, CA

This weekend we saw 70 with a solar blanket.

East Bay Area(Brentwood), CA
    Finally built! 30 x 29 inground gunite w attached hot tub, diving rock and spring.
    Color - Satin Matrix Midnight Sea
    Perimeter 90 ft, depth 4.5 to 8.5
    water surface area 569
    Jandy 580 2HP Stealth
    400k Laar LT heater
    280 Polaris
    Aquapure 1400 SWCG
    PDA PS8

18. Back To Top    #18
    72* Today. It still gets too cool at night. It warms up an average of 4* per day but looses an average of 3.6* at night.
    My pool is a 10,500 gallon (420 Sq Ft ) kidney shape. A hand made sheer decent waterfeature. STA-RITE HRPB30, Sand filter 30" 98 GPM,
    1 HP Maxi-Glas 2 pump, BBB Method, Taylor K-2005 test kit, 50 Watt 12V low-voltage pond light illuminates the pool at night for a nice soft glow.
    250 gallon stand-alone hot tub. Got it FREE!

19. Back To Top    #19

Ditto. With the solar panels turned on, I've climbed from 51 to 70 over a little more than a week, but I'm now at that point where I lose almost as much at night as I gain during the day. It might climb to 75, but to get higher we'll need warmer average temperatures, especially at night.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

20. Back To Top    #20

62 degrees today. It was up to 64 degrees a few days ago but we had a little cool snap.

Craig
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast