How much acid?

Sep 11, 2011
Denton, Texas
Since we'll be doing a follow up no drain acid wash, I would like to know the proper amount of acid to use. For a pool of 30,000 gallons advice has ranged anywhere from 6 to 12 gallons. There are a few remaining areas of original plaster dust that was not properly removed during the initial start up, and these areas are a bit stubborn. Most of the pool looks great, just want to get a nice uniform look throughout the plaster surface.

During round one we used 5 1/2 gallons, and I was told we should have used more.

So what is your advice?

PoolGuyNJ said:
How big are the areas? How many? Why isn't it being spot treated? There are pole attached appliances that look like a paint pad that can apply MA or bleach on a spot or swath.

Scott

One patch is 2' X 6', another is 8' X 2', with two circle type patches about 2' in diameter. Plus there are a few areas on the wall below the spa. Seems a bit too big for a spot treatment...but I'm willing to try anything!

[attachment=0:kvzw0hqj]110_4012.JPG[/attachment:kvzw0hqj]Here is picture of one area at the bottom of the entry steps. Do you think the spot treatment you suggest would work well on this larger area? You can see the patch of light gray/blue that I'm talking about.

Attachments

• 110_4012.JPG
    110_4012.JPG
    15 KB · Views: 134
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.