Purchased new home with new pool .....help :)

We just purchased a 5 year old home with an inground fiberglass salt water pool that is also 5 years old. We absolutely love it but holy cow lol.......

We live in Myrtle Beach and the previous owners did not close the pool. Leaves are becoming a big issue for us and I am not sure if it is smarter to just go buy a cover and close it or if there is a trick to keeping leaves out without completely covering it up. (besides cutting down all of the trees in the yard which my boyfriend is seconds away from doing lol)

Anyone have a any tips or advise and the general care of a fiberglass saltwater pool.....chemicals - salt - bargins!!!!!

And also any advise on some kind of possible cover or options for winter would be great

thanks a bunch

deanna

Welcome to TFP!

You arrived here in pretty much the same situation that I did a few years ago. Here's what you do...start reading Pool School. There is a link to it in the upper right side of every page here on this forum. Start at the beginning.

Not sure if you are going to have much summer left up there in SC. You might be best served by going ahead and closing. There are various covers that can be used. I'll let someone who is experienced in closing inground pools give their recommendations on that subject.

Welcome and I have to 2nd that advice. Go ahead and read pool school and cover and close the pool. If this is your first pool experience you might want to have a local pool company come and close the pool and watch and document everything they do so you can close it on your own next year. You are not in an area that get much in the way of freezing weather but a mistake on the closing area can be costly if not done right. Over the winter you will need one of the recommended pool test kits so you start off on the right foot come spring.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.