Can't plug "jacuzzi" area return lines for closing this year

Sep 23, 2009
My pool has a 2-seater jacuzzi-type insert which has a couple jets in it. The jets run off the main pool pump, which has a ball valve to divert the pump's output to either the main return lines around the pool, or to the 'jacuzzi' seats. My problem is that the jets in the jacuzzi area are held in place by plastic rings that thread into the return line. You're able to thread these rings because they have little tabs on them ... tabs which break with time, as mine unfortunately have.

So, almost all 4 of these "jets" are now stuck in the return lines and I'm now unable to plug them as I have in past years. In order to bring the water level down low enough so these jets are no longer submersed, I would have to drain a copious amount of water from the pool, which I'm trying to avoid. What do you folks suggest in terms of closing this pool with these lines still open? Or are there suggestions to get these jets out?

Can't plug "jacuzzi" area return lines for closing this year

PoolGuyNJ said:
In addition to the tabs, there should also be two opposed holes. I use a spread pair of needle nosed pliers to turn the rings and then toss the rings and get new ones.

Scott
Oh really? I'll have to check that out, for sure! Thanks for the tip!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.