Finally going to show what I have

teppy

Nov 11, 2007
Louisiana
My pool was finished around the middle of November '07. I have not wanted to show it yet because of the yucky mud around it and no landscaping done. Weve planted some rye grass and I've managed to get a little landscaping done so far. I have been learing how to maintain this winter, and I really thought it was going to be very difficult. Glad to say I think I can manage it. I signed up for a membership here and bought the test kit. I am so happy that I will probably not have to haul in water sample like my mother in law insists that she has to just to let someone tell her what to add to her pool. Thanks so much to this forum for giving me the opportunity to purchase a really nice pool test kit. I must say though that my pb must have got it right at start up or either the winter time is real easy maintenance because I have not had to do anything at all. My chlorine is really the only thing high. Here are my readings:

FC 8.5
CC 0
TC 8.5
pH 7.6
T/A 100
CH 210
CYA 80
temp 63 degrees

I am posting a couple of photos of what my pool and surroundings look like so far. We still have alot to do. I want to add 4 round columns in a semi circle shape on the deep end side of the deck to match the shape of my pool. I think it will give me some more of that "grecian" look that I want.

Attachments

• IMG_0019-low.jpg
    IMG_0019-low.jpg
    509 KB · Views: 1,392
  • IMG_0165-1low.jpg
    IMG_0165-1low.jpg
    423.5 KB · Views: 1,392
  • IMG_0016-low.jpg
    IMG_0016-low.jpg
    400.7 KB · Views: 1,393
Welcome to TFP! What a beautiful oasis you have created! Not only is your pool wonderful, your pool furniture is fabulous! :) Where are you? What part of the country? Won't be long now, spring is just around the corner!

btw, thanks for ya'll explaining 'byoot'! Learn something new every day!

I have two questions for you:
1. What kind of tree is that closest to your pool?
2. Do you have a good leaf net? :wink:

Joyce

Joyce,
The only close trees now are the live oaks. Needless to say I am in Louisiana. And no, no leaf net, only me this winter season scooping them out. I have to mention though that we cut down 8 crape myrtle trees and one very large pecan tree right after building the pool. The oak trees really don't make alot of mess. They are on the west side. The pecan was on the south side and everytime something blew in from the gulf I had a terrible mess. Now, the only question that I have for everyone else is, why has no body commented on the most beautiful part of my back yard? I'm referring to my "husky puppy" that you can see in the first photo. To me and my hubby, he's definitely the prettiest thing back there!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I DIDNT EVEN NOTICE HIM. i noticed your brown dog. looks like blood hound from the distance, but their both preety pups.

i have a golden, who is more afraid of the pool than our cat.

teppy said:
Joyce,
The only close trees now are the live oaks. Needless to say I am in Louisiana. And no, no leaf net, only me this winter season scooping them out. I have to mention though that we cut down 8 crape myrtle trees and one very large pecan tree right after building the pool. The oak trees really don't make alot of mess. They are on the west side. The pecan was on the south side and everytime something blew in from the gulf I had a terrible mess. Now, the only question that I have for everyone else is, why has no body commented on the most beautiful part of my back yard? I'm referring to my "husky puppy" that you can see in the first photo. To me and my hubby, he's definitely the prettiest thing back there!

Well now! I had to go back and look! :shock: and there he is! He is pretty! I guess I missed him last time because I was busy looking at all the other neat stuff! Give him a hug for me :wink:

Joyce

duraleigh said:
Teppy,

What is your chlorine source? Do you have an SWG?

I don't have SWG. I have a chlorine feeder. It has come down alot since we first started up. In December, it was 30. Yes, 30. I looked at my dial on the chlorine feeder and it was maxed out. I don't know who set it there. I have it on less than 1 now. I will have to turn it up in the summer I'm sure. I think that my CYA level may be keeping the chlorine level up there. Isn't 80 too high? I read somewhere before that it should be at between 20-40. I may leave it though because I'm not too keen on emptying half of the water in my pool and then refilling to lower the CYA. I'm hoping that once it gets hot enough and we start swimming that the chlorine level will go down some. Please advise if you think otherwise. I'm totally new at this.

I have another question. I have a pbase account and can host my own photos instead of loading them to this site. I tried to get the pictures to show up, but must have not done it right. Usually, I just copy the info from the location bar at the top of my browser and then paste it into my post and add .jpg to end of it. Can someone tell me how to do it here?

Hi, again, Teppy,

Yes, your chlorine will come down on it's own. Shoot to maintain it at about 6-9ppm with that high CYA so your about right on target now.

When you say chlorine feeder, you don't mean pucks, do you?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.