Jandy LED light problem

dmc101

Sep 15, 2011
I just read the about the color logic light not chaning color and to check for loose grounds. We have two Jandy LED lights and they are also stuck and won't sequence. I tried doing the "color splash" sequence for like five minutes (saw that on a previous post as a solution to a light going dark, not my same problem, but tried it anyway.) Didn't work.
Calling Jandy is a time-consuming process and then the guy, Matt, on the phone was of no help. DIdn't know anything about lights and wanted to send a service tech out. Give me a break. DUH! Yep, the light isn't working properly. They say I need a new search engine part (they really don't know) that's just what the manual says. I really think the lights just need resetting. Any suggestions? Thanks :cheers:

dmc101 said:
I just read the about the color logic light not chaning color and to check for loose grounds. We have two Jandy LED lights and they are also stuck and won't sequence. I tried doing the "color splash" sequence for like five minutes (saw that on a previous post as a solution to a light going dark, not my same problem, but tried it anyway.) Didn't work.
Calling Jandy is a time-consuming process and then the guy, Matt, on the phone was of no help. DIdn't know anything about lights and wanted to send a service tech out. Give me a break. DUH! Yep, the light isn't working properly. They say I need a new search engine part (they really don't know) that's just what the manual says. I really think the lights just need resetting. Any suggestions? Thanks :cheers:

Turn light on for 1 minute then turn it off for exactly 12 seconds and back on. Hope this helps.

Thanks! Didn't work immediately but a few turn on turn offs it started sequencing again. But, I don't think it goes through the slow color splash or the fast color splash. Didn't care for them anyway. The whole mess started when I was trying to keep the color on red at night to minimize bugs, since it's the darkest color, then the whole thing started acting funny. I have never been able to set the light on its current color by switching off for more than seven seconds (per the manual) and then turning back on. The sequence doesn't start at alpine white, like it should (per the manual); it starts at cobalt blue.
Is there a trick to getting the light to stay on its current color set? I'm okay with all the colors sequencing, but sure would be nice to be able to do what it says it can do. I'm afraid to mess with it too much. Thanks again, really appreciate it.

Tom, I think I may have been confused all this time. Is the light supposed to change color automatically? I don't think it is and so when it was going through color splash I was trying to set the light on one color. I did get it to start on Alpine white by shutting it off for exactly seven seconds. I've been wrong about the thing. Oh, well, so glad you helped me out and I put your tip in my manual. Is it supposed to automatically switch color or is that just the color splash?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.