Solar cover or winter cover?

Sep 14, 2011
Hi all,
This is my first post.
I have an in ground pool and alot of trees nearby. Every Fall for about six weeks I just can't keep up with the leaves that fall into to pool.
Even emptying skimmers and cleaner every day it's still a loosing battle.
So i'm going to get a cover this Fall and was wondering if I could kill two birds with one stone. The solar blankets I've seen are basically a heavy gauge bubble wrap that float on the pool surface. If I cut this really close to the edge I'm thinking it would keep most of the leaves out and I could simply use a leaf blower to blow them off. Thus having a solar blanket to extend my swim season and the benefits of a winter cover. Could someone with a solar cover like this please weigh in on how well these keep out leaves and other debris.

Thanks

Welcome to TFP!

The leaves will land on the solar cover, but they will be wet and stuck to the cover unless the weather is dry. Many will end up in the pool anyway, with the rest stuck to the cover.

Thanks for the feedback. I knew if it rained then the leaves would wash into the pool or get wet and stick on the cover but thought they would otherwise be light enough to just sit on top of the blanket and be blown off daily. I guss its a full winter cover then. the solar blankets are just a little cheaper so was hoping to get a little extra bang for my buck.
Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.