Outdoor Rated Appliances

Aug 7, 2009
I am building a completely covered outdoor living space. The space is walled in on three sides and the kitchen and appliances will be against the wall furthest from the opening (18 feet to be exact). I am getting ready to purchase appliances and will be buying an ice maker. The ice maker I am leaningn towards is not consisted an outdoor rated machine however unless the roof falls in or there is a roof or wall leak from the exterior, it will not be exposed to rain or water. I reside in Florida so humidity is amfactor but I have a fridge in my garage that has been going strong for 5 years. I don't think this will be an issue but wanted to ask before I pulled the trigger.

Also, any thoughts on Danby and Summit products?

Thanks

scent of a mule said:
I am building a completely covered outdoor living space. The space is walled in on three sides and the kitchen and appliances will be against the wall furthest from the opening (18 feet to be exact). I am getting ready to purchase appliances and will be buying an ice maker. The ice maker I am leaningn towards is not consisted an outdoor rated machine however unless the roof falls in or there is a roof or wall leak from the exterior, it will not be exposed to rain or water. I reside in Florida so humidity is amfactor but I have a fridge in my garage that has been going strong for 5 years. I don't think this will be an issue but wanted to ask before I pulled the trigger.

Also, any thoughts on Danby and Summit products?

Thanks

You do not need one rated for outside unless it is getting rained on. I have a Bull outdoor kitchen island with a Bull refrigerator that is indoor rated and never had a problem. I believe the Bull is made by Danby from all I can determine.

You will be fine with any type ice maker that has good warranty and reviews.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.