Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Lazy Pentair Legend

1. Back To Top    #1

Lazy Pentair Legend

Hi, Lately my Pentair Legend cleaner seems to not move around as quick as it did when new last August. Even when the cleaner is moving at a good speed, the tail just trails behind moving not anything like it did before. It used to whip back and forth but not anymore Whats up?? Thanks...
    Harry
    Trilogy "Fiberglass" Pool,
    15x34 8900 gal.
    Pentair 1hp Super-Flo Pump
    Pentair CC100 Cartridge Filter, Pentair "Legend" Cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Possible clog in the booster pump impeller or finger screen in the main hose?
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by PoolGuyNJ
    Possible clog in the booster pump impeller or finger screen in the main hose?
    x

Screen is clean in hose. Booster pump clog..don't have a clue about that. Maybe something is wrong with the pump??
    15x34 8900 gal.

4. Back To Top    #4
    For me the "Tail" does slow down in the winter months. When my water temp falls below 60 degrees, I notice a slow down in the tail action, but it is the result of the poly hose tail stiffening up from the cold water.
    24K gal. 22 X 40' Fox Lagoon IG Vinyl, 7' Fox 25 jet raised Spa, Intelliflow VS-3050 pump, Intellichlor IC-40 SWG, Pentair Easy Touch Controller, Easy Touch Wireless Remote, Pentair Legend cleaner w/ booster pump, Pentair 250,000 BTU heater, Pentair Tagelus Sand Filter, & Pentair Intellibrite LED lighting.

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by hodapmj
    For me the "Tail" does slow down in the winter months. When my water temp falls below 60 degrees, I notice a slow down in the tail action, but it is the result of the poly hose tail stiffening up from the cold water.
    Never thought about that!!! Thanks!!
    15x34 8900 gal.

6. Back To Top    #6

You may want to pull your cleaner apart to check the internal hose connections are intact. When my Legend became sluggish, I found the hose clip inside the housing had slipped off the male fitting. Reattached it with little effort. There are two screws that you remove to access the internal hoses.
    20K inground gunite w/ Aqua Logic automation and chlorination Sta-Rite 400 K natural gas heater and cartridge filter 2 HP pump 1.5 HP spa bubbler for spillover spa 1 HP dedicated Letro Legend cleaner
    H2O: two parts Heart and one part Obsession. ~Author Unknown

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry
    While the cleaner is running check to make sure that there are no leaks in the hose joints anywhere or a hole in the sweeptail itself. There may be some slight leakage at the swivels that connect the hose and this should be fine as long as there is a ton of leakage.
    Josh Ulfers - TFP Supporting Vendor - josh@saltpoolguys.com - 888-725-8766
    SaltPoolGuys.com - AutoPilot Pool Pilot Systems, Parts & Cells - AquaCal Heat Pumps

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by flintstone
    You may want to pull your cleaner apart to check the internal hose connections are intact. When my Legend became sluggish, I found the hose clip inside the housing had slipped off the male fitting. Reattached it with little effort. There are two screws that you remove to access the internal hoses.
    That's exactly what it was. Thanks!! I checked hoses for clogs, water flow to tail but since it was under warranty, I let the shop take it apart.
    Thanks again everyone...Harry
    15x34 8900 gal.