Pool trashed!

Jun 20, 2010
Southeast VA
Yep, got up this morning to let my dog out and woke up to what I thought a storm had came through! They ripped up my flower pots and dumped the dirt into my pool! My beautiful flowers were sitting in the bottom of the pool! My Palm tree was ripped out of it's pot and they tried to rip up my Hibiscus! They ripped up all my solar lights and through them in the pool and across the yard. Turned my patio table upside down and put dirt in it and moved all my chairs around.
I scooped up as much as the debris as I could off the top and bottom. I've been patiently vacuuming since 9:30 am! It does look a lot better but I'm still not done!
I do have pictures that I will post later. I'm just taking a break to let the dirt settle some more so that I can vacuum again. :grrrr:
I told my husband we need locks on our gates and a motion sensor flood light! :hammer:

Oh my! That's just uncalled for. Freakin hoodlums!

The pool can be cleaned... the poor plants though. :~{ Sorry to hear about this. Maybe you can hook up a siren to those flood lights... Or a video camera so you can turn them in should they ever come back.

If you can't find a video camera for a price you like a hunting camera might be an option. Just mount it where they can't get to it to steal it if they notice it is takin their pictures. you can get them in either IR or flash and some that let you do either one you chose. Sams used to sell a wall mounted flood light with a pin hole camera in it that recorded a still and a 20 second video for about $60 bucks that worked great. You just take out the memory card and download your picks. I caught a guy stealing from a Katrina remodel with one.

Malibu07 said:
Yep, got up this morning to let my dog out and woke up to what I thought a storm had came through! They ripped up my flower pots and dumped the dirt into my pool! My beautiful flowers were sitting in the bottom of the pool! My Palm tree was ripped out of it's pot and they tried to rip up my Hibiscus! They ripped up all my solar lights and through them in the pool and across the yard. Turned my patio table upside down and put dirt in it and moved all my chairs around.
I scooped up as much as the debris as I could off the top and bottom. I've been patiently vacuuming since 9:30 am! It does look a lot better but I'm still not done!
I do have pictures that I will post later. I'm just taking a break to let the dirt settle some more so that I can vacuum again. :grrrr:
I told my husband we need locks on our gates and a motion sensor flood light! :hammer:
I'm pretty sure that locks on the gates around a swimming pool are part of the universal building code.

Too late now. :(

Correct, in our area locks on a gate are not required however, I will be putting locks on ours!

Here are the pictures from this morning;

DSC_0800.jpg

My Palm tree uprooted.

DSC_0793.jpg

DSC_0794.jpg

DSC_0795.jpg

These seashells were in the pot with the Palm tree.

DSC_0796.jpg

These poor plants were in the bottom of my pool. I scooped them up and just layed them in the pot until I could repot them.

DSC_0797.jpg

DSC_0798.jpg

DSC_0799.jpg

I don't know why they insisted on moving my deck chairs to the padio area.

DSC_0809.jpg

They scooted these out and layed them flat.

DSC_0801.jpg

They arranged this set like they were seating in it.

DSC_0802.jpg

Nasty steps

DSC_0803.jpg

My son said this shot looks like the Carribean.

DSC_0804.jpg

DSC_0805.jpg

After 8 hours of cleaning...

DSC_0806.jpg

DSC_0807.jpg

DSC_0808.jpg

DSC_0810.jpg

DSC_0811.jpg

DSC_0812.jpg

Repotted my Palm tree

DSC_0813.jpg

DSC_0814.jpg

Repotted my poor plants....don't know if they will survive

DSC_0815.jpg

Man thats pretty crapy! The plants look like Vincas they are very hardy here in AZ and can take alot of punishment.
It sounds like it might be time to get a new dog. Mine would have been going NUTS with all that going down in my pool area.

Shane1, with new insulated windows, A/C on as well as my ceiling fan, it really deadens the sound coming from outside. I did sleep with my windows open last night and all lights on the outside were on.
I have a 2 1/2 year old Black Lab mixed with Pit Bull and Hound Dog. Trust me, if he could have heard the noise he would have gone nuts. In fact, this moring as the paper guy was riding by throwing the latest news, my dog abruply woke me up at 4:45 am.
Monday evening before I went to bed, I kept getting urges to turn the A/C off and open my windows. Next time I will listen to those inner voices!
Also I plan on getting a Critter Cam. It will come on and record anything that moves.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I honestly think it was just some punks walking down the street and saw the solar lights shinning on my Hibiscus plant and they decided to cause havoc. You can see from the street the side of the house where the patio area is and the pool.

Probably some bored teens. What they were doing out at that time of night only their parent know, or DONT.

I get my car doors tried about once every few months, and since I put in security (motion) lighting they have stopped. Makes you really mad that you cant just have nice stuff and people leave you alone.

I'm really sorry this happened to you :( I can't believe people sometimes. You did a great job cleaning up :)

Our house was broken into a few years ago, when we were living in the city, they took a bunch of valuable stuff, but the worst thing they did was hurt my dogs. One of my dogs had bruises down her side, looks like they kicked her, and my little lad was fine but very frightened. Both of my dogs are really little, so it was completely unnecessary to hurt them. Not long after that my little girl started to lose her hair, and get really oily, I think the stress of the situation brought on her allergies (which we are still dealing with today poor thing). We got a German Shepherd, mainly to discourage people from entering the yard (so far so good) he is such a sweetheart but he has a big bark and looks scary which is exactly what we wanted in a big dog lol. I'm really glad you and your family are safe, I think your security measures are great, good luck with it all :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.