Blue Pearl robot - drive motor failure?

singerteacher

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 2, 2008
western Wisconsin
Bought a Blue Pearl robot last summer through Woot, and after one year of happy use, it seems to have suddenly broken entirely. Our best guess is that it's the drive motor -- it will barely go forward, won't go backward, won't climb walls, etc. Of course, the warranty just expired 3 weeks ago.

The repair will cost more than we paid for the unit, and then it's only warrantied for 6 months. (Not enough time to make it through the next pool season!) Might actually be able to replace the motor ourselves, but the whole water + electricity thing is worrisome, it will still cost over $400, and then we might only get one more season out of it and have it break again. (We've heard that their drive motors are notoriously breakage-prone.) It doesn't seem logical to us to spend $400 per season for a pool robot!

What to do? Toss it out and get something else next season? Have it repaired and pray it makes it through another season? Give up on robots altogether?

We can't afford a $1500 robot, which is why we went with the Blue Pearl in the first place. I had expected it to make it at least 2-3 seasons! * sigh * I'm not looking forward to hand-vacuuming this fall ...

i could almost guarantee its the drive motor. there are no belts inside, the drive motor connects to the side, had a little shaft that comes out the side and then connects to the belts.

you can get blue diamonds for around 900 online if you search around, those have 4 years or X amount of cycles on the motors. unfortunately you learned what I have been trying to tell people on here, robots can and will break. its really all about the warranty as they cost too much to fix otherwise.

I would not get it repaired unless its under warranty,. my blue diamond remote cleaner broke over and over and over again. you would be crying if you spend 400 and then have the pump motor go. lately i've been lucky with my blue diamond and it has been working okay,but its been repaired at least 6 times.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.