If it were easier to get the solar cover ..

Jul 10, 2011
Walnut Creek CA
we would definately use it more. I don't want to leave it off at night because even in summer our night time temps drop to 50 or so but when I come home from work and the kids are asking me to swim I really don't want to wrestle with that thing just for the to swim for 10 minutes and the tell me they're done. From all the reading I've done the pool cover reels that swivel are just junk that break - what do you guy's do?

I also have mine atop of wooden posts and it makes it easy to don and doff. I have a homemade tripod to sit the outboard end on when I swing it out of the way. It literally takes less than 5 minutes to remove or redeploy it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
greg, great looking set up you have there.

I cut my solar blanket in half, with a 1-2 foot overlap between pieces. This allows me to easily take it off and with a summer of practice I can get it back on all by myself, I have to make a couple of trips up/down my deck but I wouldn't rate the effort as anything major.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.