Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Commonly used abbreviations for pools

1. Back To Top    #1

Commonly used abbreviations for pools

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

2. Back To Top    #2
    Another one of those classic, invaluable, reference posts. (Print it now)
    And...thank you WaterBear and ChemGeek for your selfless donations to us pool owners, who are bent on "doing it ourselves".
    Debbie

3. Back To Top    #3
    Thank you waterbear.

Am I, as a newbie, overlooking the 'print' function on this forum?

jj
    ABG, Cornelius, 12'x24', oval, 7,700 gals, 1 1/2 hp Hayward pump, sand filter. BBB. 6-4'x10' Fafco solar panels, permanently installed on wooden ground rack, GL235 auto controller.

4. Back To Top    #4
    don't think we have one! Can you copy and paste into a word document, and print from there? (welcome to TFP!)

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

5. Back To Top    #5
    The forum itself doesn't have a print function but your browser does. Look in FILE/PRINT. Most print applications give you the opportunity to "print selected text". If yours does, just select the part of a thread which you want to print, then go to the print menu in your browser.

I use FireFox which lets me 'print' Web pages to a .pdf file, a very useful feature.

Anna
    — AnnaK —

12,000 gal AGP, Hayward sand filter, Pentair 2-speed pump, timer.
    Please visit our Pool Issues pages for information about step weights, managing the solar cover, and PoolSkim.

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks

I was just hoping I was overlooking it like you do in a cabinet or something. My 57 year old 'pool boy' is allergic to pc so I have to print. jennifer
    ABG, Cornelius, 12'x24', oval, 7,700 gals, 1 1/2 hp Hayward pump, sand filter. BBB. 6-4'x10' Fafco solar panels, permanently installed on wooden ground rack, GL235 auto controller.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Hey jj, and welcome to TFP!

I have to 'print' too, 'cause my 61 year old 'pool boy' is ALSO allergic to pc! Must be something in the water.

btw, my 'pool boy' is also my 'yard man'.

Joyce
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

8. Back To Top    #8

Pool abbreviations

I am a newbie here......my pool is being plumbed as I type this. I notice the abbreviation BBB, when refering to pool chemicals and adding chemicals to the pool. What is BBB?? Thank you in advance, and I look forward to spending a lot of time here and learning all I need to know about Pool care. I already ordered my test kit from suggestions on this site.

Kurt
    12,000 gallon 14X30 freeform 3.5-6 ft deep. Viking fiberglass pool. Jandy CJ250 cartridge filter and auto-chlorinator using Trichlor pucks. Aquabot Turbo T.

9. Back To Top    #9

Re: Pool abbreviations

Quote Originally Posted by kahbear
    I am a newbie here......my pool is being plumbed as I type this. I notice the abbreviation BBB, when refering to pool chemicals and adding chemicals to the pool. What is BBB?? Thank you in advance, and I look forward to spending a lot of time here and learning all I need to know about Pool care. I already ordered my test kit from suggestions on this site.

Kurt
    Kurt, welcome to TFP. You'll want to visit "Pool School" where you'll read about BBB and lots of other helpful topics to get you started.

Sean
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

10. Back To Top    #10
    check out this stickyand it will answer your question!

11. Back To Top    #11
    Exactly what i have been looking for...

well done Waterbear....

easy to read, easy to understand..

Regards
    Happy swimming!