Chloromatic - Low Output Voltage?

Sep 10, 2011
I have an old Chloromatic with a P150 24 amp cell. At the start of winter I noticed the ammeter hardly moved when the unit was switched on, and when I dialled it up to maximum, the needle only shifted slightly. At the time, I read that cold water can inhibit chlorine generation, so I switched if off over the winter and dosed manually. But now it's warming up again, and nothing has changed.

So I checked the output voltage with a multimeter, and at max, it's 2.6V. Even if I was hitting max amps of 24, that's still only 62.4W of power. Which seems way too low.

The cell is only about 6 months old, I've bucket tested with warm, super salty water, and nothing changes. No gas production or anything going on visually.

Does anyone know what the output voltage should be for a Chloromatic? Could this be anything other than a problem with the chlorinator itself?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.