Liquid chlorine

I can't say best way but I run my pump 24/7 and add chlorine with a Rolachem feeder. The pump must be running for the chlorine to get into the pool. I adjust the Rolachem to adjust the amount of chlorine.

This spring I will have to rethink the chlorine system when I change to a new pump and filter.

At night time with the pump/filter running. You ALWAYS want the pump running when adding anything to the pool. Sunlight breaks down chlorine naturally so it's best to chlorinate at night.

After chlorinating I let the filter run nonstop for about 2 days, then go back to a shift schedule.

The best time to add chlorine, if you don't have a continuous feeder, is around sunset. That way you get the full effect of the chlorine all night before the sun starts burning it off.

You should run the pump for at least an hour after adding chlorine and a bit longer than that for some of the other chemicals.

We do as Jason suggests because we also add bleach liquid chlorine manually. As soon as the sun is off the pool in the evenings, the bleach liquid chlorine is poured around.

If you use this method and find yourself without time/ability to let the filter run for at least an hour, you can cut the time by manually agitating the water with your pool brush or a water hose or anything that will help stir the mix. That is also when I take the opportunity to 'top off' the pool and help mix the chlorine at the same time. :)

Sorry about saying bleach, just habit. Also, I make sure I do not use that "B" word when I have to go to the pool store! :wink:

Joyce

Attachments

• Pool Water Test Log - 03B.pdf
    264.1 KB · Views: 1
jjparrish said:
If you use this method and find yourself without time/ability to let the filter run for at least an hour, you can cut the time by manually agitating the water with your pool brush or a water hose or anything that will help stir the mix.
Best way to do this is to brush down the sided of your pool all the way around. This will effectively 'stir' the water (and non of us really brush our pools enough...it's hard enough to brush our teeth enough! :lol: )

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.