Vinyl liner hole

brasilmom

Jul 23, 2011
Brookfield, WI
Greetings,

Just recently I notice a hole the size of a quarter on one of the corners of my pool, but the hole is above the water level. Since our season is soon to be over, I do not want to leave this be to open and find a even bigger hole, however I have no idea what to do about it. Can anyone here give me an idea on how to go about addressing this issue?

Thanks. Be well

Miriam

Re: Vynil liner hole

It is pretty easy to find a "patching kit" either online or a pool store. The fix will be acceptable if you do it correctly and the problem will be solved if you can prevent it from happening again.....kids?

Ina ll honesty I do not know how old the liner is. I know it is still has elasticity and all, but I do not think that this means much. We have been in this house for almost 4 years, so we know the liner is at least that old. I do have a piece of the liner that was left in the pool house. I now need to know which adhesive to use. Anyone here can give me some guidelines. I am in WI so the weather here is brutally cold. Our water now is about 77F. We are planning on having it closed late october/early november. However I want the patch done soon. We have a good supply store but I want to go there a bit more educated.
Thanks for the help. Be well
Miriam

Miriam, it's GREAT that you have a piece of the liner to use (the patch won't show as badly)!

Please read the link I gave above, it'll tell you that Boxer 100 adhesive is ~ the best glue to use and give tips on applying the patch :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.