Closing Pool

I will be closing mine as soon as the pool temp drops below 60 degrees. Until then I am planning on running my pump 12 hours a day which is normal for me. A day before closing I am going to be bringing my FC up to shock level and adding polyquat to the pool. The day of closing I will again make sure the FC is at shock level and I will begin lowering my water level and blowing out the lines.

I think my water temp is probably around 75, if the solar cover was off it would likely drop a good 10 degrees in a few days I'm assuming. So I'm thinking now is as good of time as any, plus the steps are still in and I don't want to feel like I'm a kid swimming in Oregon when I have to get in to remove the weights.

This could probably be its own thread, but if I used half a sample for the FC test could I count the 1 drop as 1ppm instead of 0.5ppm? I've seen dilution with distilled water mentioned but not using half the sample size. (Taylor FAS-DPD)

I was hoping for one last good swim (weekend preferably) but the forecast changed and I've decided it's officially over :cry:

even if I ran the heater non stop, it's going to rain and be in the low 70s. :rant:

Can someone tell me, does it ever get easier to end the season?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.