Draining A Pool Withouth Breaking It!

Sep 5, 2011
I bought a house with a 30 year old, 45,000 gallon concrete pool w/ in floor cleaning system. The pool is in really good condition except it needs painted / epoxy coated. Directly next to the deep end of our pool (and along one side of my house) is a large hill that slopes towards the pool (Proably 50 feet high a wooded). At the other end of the pool is my driveway followed by a creek, so the land gently slopes away from the deep end if you can picture it. Rarely if ever do I have standing water in the yard because even though there is a large slope on one side, there is enough gentle slope throughout the yard to move the water on to the creek. Obviously, I need to drain the pool in order to paint. The sump pump in the basement of my house is near the same hill and operates probably 8 months a year. When it rains a lot, it will kick on and off every 30 seconds until the rain dries up. My point is that I am really nervous draining the pool and doing the renovations this coming spring. There are no standpipes and from what I can tell, there is not hydro valve in the bottom of the pool. What are my options? Drill a couple of wells near the deep end? Wait and do the work in August?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.